It’s been a very quiet month here at Romania Experience and the biggest reason for this radio silence is the arrival of my first child into this world.
Since he decided it’s time to come one month sooner than anticipated, there were a lot of things to do in order to make sure that he has a really long and happy stay here on Earth. And in the case of preterm babies (he arrived at week 35 instead of 40), things are a bit more difficult…
So despite us having to spend a few more days in the hospital to make sure that he’s ready to tackle the world outside, despite us having to spend a lot of unplanned money on the hospital bills and despite us both freaking out that he came so early, everything went pretty smooth and he’s now gaining weight like a little giant and doing extremely well. And this is exactly what every parent wants to know about their newborns.
So… here is the little fellow in case you’re curious to see him:
Another thing that kept me extremely busy and with the stress levels somewhere on the moon (as if the preterm birth wasn’t enough!) was me selling my major money maker – a website with an average of 680,000 visitors per month and a peak month of March of 2 million visitors.
In other words, a pretty huge website that required completing a ton of forms, signing contracts and working almost a month exclusively with the new owners to make the transaction smooth and sound.
Of course, this also brought us some nice money in the bank, but I will talk more about the sale and how I managed to build such a successful site in future articles if people seem interested about this.
So now, I’m a dad and I’m back to blogging! Getting that big site off my back means I now have a lot more time for my smaller projects – like this blog, but also means that my earnings have now dropped to under $1,000 per month and I have to work hard to get back on track.
And since there’s nothing you can’t do without some hard work, I’m very confident that the future will be great!
About this blog, here is what you should expect in the future:
1. Regular posts about increasing your net worth in Romania, interesting things about Romania (maybe I will convince some of my readers move here?) and what really means living the “Romanian experience.”
2. A blog re-design (basically I am running on the default WordPress theme so far and I don’t like it) and some interesting features to come.
3. Some new topics, including blogging advice and discussions and my (and probably everyone’s) dream of becoming a Digital Nomad.
Here is for a great future, folks!
- The REAL Cost of Living in Constanta, Romania [2023 Edition] - November 22, 2023
- BEST Hotels in Mamaia, Romania for a Perfect Summer 2024 Holiday - November 16, 2023
- Which Is the Better Summer Destination: Bulgaria or Romania? [2024 Vacation Plans] - November 16, 2023