I am very happy to report that Romania Experience has been nominated for a Versatile Blogger award – the first one ever for this blog! Basically an “award” that runs between bloggers who recommend other great blogs to their readers, it still means that you’re getting noticed out there and that people not only read, but also like to read what you publish. Which is always a good thing.
My award comes from Laurie from The Frugal Farmer. The rule is that every person who is awarded with the Versatile Blogger Award has to also nominate 7 bloggers for the award. But before I go on with this, just like Laurie did over on her blog, I will first share 7 random facts about me:
1. I love hip hop music. This might not be too obvious from my blogging, but I really do and fortunately I am able to make the difference between rap music and the lifestyle promoted by them (and by “rap music” I mean the real rap music of the mid to late 90s, not the crazy crap that is on nowadays)
2. I really hope that soon I will be able to live a big part of my life in a small village. We have a small house (more on this in a future article) in a crappy condition in a village nearby, and the idea of growing my own food, raising animals and breath the fresh air sounds like something I’d love to do.
3. I really hope that I will be able to live at least 3 months in a different country. My favorites are the Asian countries, but they seem so far away so I’ll probably have to start with closer countries here in Europe. Some day this has to happen!
4. I used to be a smoker for 10 years. Even though I’m almost 30 now, I did manage to complete that unwanted milestone: I started smoking when I was 14, but fortunately managed to find the power of will to quit at 24. I hope that I’ll never smoke again in my life.
5. I was one of the popular guys in high school. Without being modest, I was actually one of the most popular and had a craaazy life, I was one of the best players in our basketball team, I was invited to all parties… it was pretty incredible, actually. But I have completely and drastically changed when I met my wife and now that I have a family, I am a completely different person. I can honestly say that now I am a responsible grown up. And I don’t feel sorry for leaving all that behind.
6. I love playing video games. Before Baby Romanian was born, I used to spend tens of hours per week playing various games. Now I no longer have time for that and I have to settle with short bursts of mobile games.
7. I’ve had a gazzilion website ideas, most of them highly unsuccessful: one about bathrooms, one “fansite” of the Ultimate Tazer Ball sport and one on Brazilian hair removal. Sometimes I wonder why I consider these ideas so amazing.
And now that you know 7 random things about me, here are my 7 nominees for the Versatile Blogger award:
– Pretired Nick (Maybe he’ll start blogging again with this award)
– Done by Forty
– Andrew from Living Rich Cheaply
– Fellow Romanian blogger Dojo
– Pauline from MMYW
– Kemkem from Next Bite of Life
– Alexa from Single Mom’s Income
This would be it. Let’s keep the “7 random facts” for the award too, it should be more fun this way!